Position Title (Global): Senior Estimator
Position Title (Local): Senior Estimator
Reports To – Functional: Project Services Manager
Manager or delegate
Supervises/Number of Direct Reports: May supervise Estimators within the region
Purpose of Position: Prepare and supervise the development and
presentation of cost estimates for national and international projects
in accordance with the approved procedures and supervise the team to
ensure that it is equipped to provide the required services to
WorleyParsons, and its clients.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES OF POSITION:
1. Assist in, and ensure adherance to, the preparation and supervision
of cost estimates in accordance with the approved procedures to cover
the following project phases;
i. concept selection and FEED,
ii. engineering, project management, procurement,
iii. fabrication, transport, installation, construction,
iv. hook-up & commissioning, and abandonment
2. Provide support in identifying, analysing and providing innovative solutions to cost estimating problems.
3. Provides cost estimating guidance to projects
4. Support the development of future benchmarking and estimating tools.
5. Work with the team to define an appropriate Work Breakdown Structure
(WBS) in Accordance with the customer and project requirement.
6. Prepare the estimate plan to include; establishment of the estimating
methodology and cost estimating principles applicable to the estimate
7. Review design scope criteria and quantities for completeness and
coordinate with the project to develop additional estimating bases when
information is incomplete.
8. Support the collection, verification and integration across all work scope into the cost estimate
9. Compare and analyse scope, quantities and cost data between projects.
And, in comparison with previous estimates, outcome costs and vendor
prices, carry out benchmark estimates through high level norms and
10. Develop escalation model where required and assist with the development of owners cost.
11. Coordinate identification of areas of risk in the compilation of
cost estimates and evaluate appropriate levels of contingency. Where
necessary perform Monte Carlo type risk analysis of costs estimates to
determine contingency and accuracy levels.
12. Ensure sound quality of cost estimates adhering to the WorleyParsons
Cost Estimating Review procedures at varying project phases. At a
minimum, all developed cost estimates must be reviewed by the Lead
Estimator or designee.
13. Prepare and present cost estimating information to
management/customer. This may include the development of Basis of Cost
14. Provide supervision and assistance to planners in the development
and integration of individual schedules into the total project plan.
15. Assist with cost estimating input into specific studies. Responsible
for integration of activities and total work scope identification.
Evaluates study results, critical path and recommended conclusions for
project team consideration and discussion.
16. Review or assist in reviewing schedule/cost engineering and material
control related provisions or proposals and develops supporting data
for contract negotiations. Participate in establishing pricing
structures to be applied to quantities for estimates.
17. Define project needs for cost control in accordance with contractual requirements, objectives and procedures.
18. Prepare cost trend estimates in support of project cost trend programs.
19. Assist in supervising the team, to include;
i. Provide “on the job” training
ii. Provide mentorship to subordinates and graduates
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Thorough technical and practical estimating skills and able to
consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to WorleyParsons
and its clients.
2. Knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the discipline,
including ability to plan, review and present cost engineering and cost
3. Knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
4. Highly competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and discipline Specific software and tools.
• Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet WorleyParsons and its clients’ needs.
• Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
• A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
• Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely
decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for
assistance if required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the
ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and
make presentations when required.
• Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
• Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
• Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
• Thorough technical, practical and leadership experience in the
relevant discipline, including experience specialised estimating
experience. A thorough understanding in performing and reviewing
estimates and experience in supervising a team.
• Approximately 5 years, with a minimum of 3 years held in Engineering
and Construction Industry, including Project Controls background.
Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
• A recognised degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent
qualification/experience. Ideally in Engineering or Construction
• Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management or
supervisory qualifications or equivalent qualification/experience.
• Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
i. personal well-being;
ii. healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
iii. continuously improve WorleyParsons health, safety and environmental performance.
• Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
• Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the OneWay Vision and its associated requirements.
• Travel as required, including travel related to projects and to maintain links with other WorleyParsons offices.
• Act in the best interests of WorleyParsons at all times.
• Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time.
Position reports to: Location Manager and functionally to Regional HSE Manager
To coordinate implementation of the company HSE policies, HSE Management
System and Project/Location specific HSE Management Plans as they apply
to theLocation. Ensure the Location complies with the relevant
Occupational and Safety Legislation and the respective client’s HSE
- Develop and implement the Location HSE safety strategy.
- Ensure safety accountabilities are identified, implemented, monitored and continuous improvement processes adopted.
- Develop and maintain Statistical data and Location reports.
- Prepare reports as required for the Location Manager.
- Review company HSE Management System and advise of required changes.
- Assist the Regional HSE Manager in the implementation of the global / regional strategy
• Further develop and implement the Location HSE Management System.
• Advise and assist executives and Location management on matters
relating to safety, occupational health and environmental issues.
• Develop and implement Location specific procedures concerning safety, health and environmental matters.
• Develop and promote HSE awareness programs to encourage improved safety awareness throughout the Location.
• Create, evaluate and administer the Location HSE program to include
the development and presentation of training programs for management,
supervisors and/or employee(s). Monitor the progress and success of
• Mentor other safety staff and project personnel.
• Conduct surveys, audits and investigations of HSE issues.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with regulatory
bodies, clients and contemporaries to foster the professional image of
• Prepare and review the HSE component of client tenders to ensure accurate and timely information is provided.
• Monitor compliance with all relevant legislative requirements
including passage of information to managers and employees regarding
amendments/ additions to requirements as they come into effect.
• Maintain an extensive knowledge of applicable HSE rules and
regulations including government regulations, standards and policies.
• Ensure HSE inductions are undertaken in accordance with Location
management system requirements for all new employees of the company and
its subcontractors and clients (as applicable).
• Pro-actively visit sites and implement HSE measures-promote/ensure safe work practices
• Establish and maintain statistical data concerning all matters of
health and safety, training programs with which to provide a basis for
further health and safety activities, to highlight trends for future
action and to monitor and prepare regular reports of the business area’s
• Co-ordinate the activities of all HSE personnel within the Location.
• Assist in the Recruitment of candidates for HSE positions as required.
Co-ordinate the transfer of employees in the HSE group. All other
duties as required by the company from time to time.
• Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and
guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Company.
• Safety – Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices
with the company. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
• Ensure quality Advanced Safety Auditing is implemented and maintained on each site/project and ensure follow up on findings.
• Carry out regular inspections of the work areas with the respective
line manager and or HSE representative and prepare reports.
• Disseminate HSE information throughout the workplace via bulletin boards, posters, newsletters etc.
• Proactively developing customer relationships by making efforts to
listen to and understand the customer (both internal and external).
Giving a high priority to customer satisfaction
• Establishing a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a
specific goal; planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate
allocation of resources
• Stability of performance under pressure and/or opposition
• Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and
guide individuals (direct reports, peers, and superiors) towards goal
achievement modifying behaviour to accommodate tasks, situations, and
• Being aware of conditions that affect employee safety
• Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional
skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping abreast of current
developments and trends in area of expertise
• Setting up ongoing procedures for collection and review of information
necessary for the management of projects or an organisation; taking
into consideration the skills, knowledge, and experience of the
responsible individuals and characteristics of the assignments or
• The extent to which job activities and responsibilities, the
organisation’s mode of operation and values, and the community in which
the individual will live and work are consistent with the type of
environment that provides personal satisfaction; the degree to which the
work itself is personally satisfying
• Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations
(including non verbal communication). Adjusting language or terminology
to the needs of the audience
•Expressing ideas clearly in documents that have organisation,
structure, grammar language and terminology adjusted to the
characteristics of the audience
1, Holding Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Occupational Health
2. Familiar with HSE requirements in oil and gas, mining (minerals and
metals) industries as well construction and infrastructure
3. Possess HSE certification
4. At least 10 years extensive experience in HSE field
5. Possess good communication skill
6. Self-starter and good team player
Send your email to:
Expiry date: September 05, 2013