Featured Posts

Sabtu, 18 Mei 2013

The Highest Converting Facebook Page I’ve Ever Seen




facebook-conversionsNow and then I’ll have an idea which I just know is going to be a success. Sometimes though, I’m just plain wrong. Like the time I decided to email every single Technorati Top 100 blogger asking for their ‘secrets to success’. It took me longer than I would like to admit, and of the few replies (12 to be exact) I did receive, pretty much all said the same thing. An entire day wasted.
Thankfully, sometimes I’m right. My experiments with taking Facebook Fan pages to the next level is one example where my intuition has been spot on. Many of you know I’ve worked with some of the largest companies in the world (Nissan, Hewlett Packard, Land Rover) as there social media manager, and still consult with a few companies now and then. I had some ideas to increase the conversion rates on their Fan page, and the results blew me away.
I never implemented the ideas on ViperChill, simply because I wanted to blog about the process before anyone else decided to. However, you’ll be able to see what I’m talking about on the ViperChill Fan page as of today. I’ve also created a free template that you can all use on your own Fan page (in 7 colours!) to test the results yourself.

Next Level Facebook Fan Pages

By now, many of you are aware of the Static FBML app which allows you to show whatever you want on your fan page instead of the usual status updates. A common practice these days is to fill your ‘Welcome’ page with an enticing graphic which encourages people to ‘Like’ you Fan page. The number of people converted through this is usually way higher than the default Facebook setup.
My ideas, take things to the next level.
facebook-optimisation

Add Personalisation With a User’s Name

After a lot of hacking and research, I was eventually able to figure out how to include a users name onto my Welcome page. If you head on over to the ViperChill fan page, you can see that I do this with a bit of humour by telling [Facebook Name] that I’ve been waiting for them. (You have to be logged into Facebook to see it, and not currently a fan)
Right now there doesn’t seem to be a way to use just someone’s first name, unless you get involved in some Ajax trickery which makes your Fan page act like an app. Though displaying the full name is not ideal, it definitely seems to be capturing people’s attention, and it’s converting into ‘Likes’.

Thrive on the Users “Engaged” State

Another change I implemented was to take advantage of the engaged state that users are in. If someone has just clicked “Like” on your page, they’re far more likely to perform some other type of action again. Through some more FBML trickery, I’m able to show the users a different image (but on the same page) after they have liked me. I’m currently using this opportunity to collect email addresses for my newly launched project, (cloud niche).
There are literally countless things you can do on this second “page” that users see, such as:
  • Getting them to sign up to your email list
  • Getting them to subscribe to your blog
  • Encouraging them to share your fan page with their friends
  • Giving them a bonus download as thanks
  • Telling them more about yourself, and what you do
Test a few variations of the second page and see what works best for you.

7 Free Variations of My Page

And the best part about all of this? I’m giving away my exact fan page and don’t even need to touch Photoshop in order to edit the text on the page. I’ve created 7 versions of my template for you to use however you like. The colours included are: Black, White / Grey, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Green, Red and Gold.
facebook-landing-page
Alternatively, you can use your own background images, but simply use my code for adding a second page and integrating the users Facebook name.

How to Setup A High-Converting Facebook Fan Page

1. First of all, you need to go to the ‘Create page’ option, which you can find here. The quickest page to set up is the one on the top right row, a Brand or Product page. Note that the first letter of your fan page name must be capitalised.
2. You will be shown your empty Facebook fan page. Under the image on the top left, click Edit Page. A new menu will appear, so click on the Apps option once it does. Scroll down the page until you see the app Static FBML. Add the application  to your page. Clicking on ‘Go to App’ will allow you to customise the text box.
3. The first field, Box Title, will be the name for your page tab, so use something like “Hey!” or “Welcome” here.
4. Download this zip file, which contains the template code and my 7 example templates. Each template comes with its own code. I have hosted the images online for you, but I recommend you put them on your own server.
5. Edit the part of each template where it says “Your Text Goes Here”.
Note that when you are the admin of the page, you will see things very differently. Log in with another account (or a friends) to see how the page will look to every else.
6. Go back to your Edit Page options, and this time select Manage Permissions. Change the Default Landing Tab to the page you have created with Static FBML.
7. Enjoy more people “Liking” your Fan page and then being converted in other ways through the second page.
If you have any questions, just leave a comment!

0 komentar:

Poskan Komentar